Healthcare BIM Planner
The Healthcare BIM Planner will assist Project Managers and Senior staff with completion of engagements services. As part of our engagement services for ADAMS clients, they will manage and generate medical equipment placement drawings using REVIT. The Healthcare BIM Planner is responsible for delivery of these services, ensuring client satisfaction and making sure the drawings are complete and accurate. The BIM Planner has responsibility to ensure that assigned engagements and assigned tasks adhere to processes and policies as defined in the ADAMS Standards of Practice Manual.
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Healthcare BIM Planner reports to the Vice President and works closely with other professional staff. This position will have ongoing client interface and must be able to interact professionally with architects, engineers, equipment manufacturers, contractors as well as client users and administrators.
As the company is in a growth stage, the Healthcare BIM Planner may be required to work outside his/her assigned responsibility in the interest of the company and at the direction of the COO.
Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in healthcare/hospital management or administration preferred.
Minimum Five to Seven years’ experience in in producing graphically correct drawings for healthcare projects using REVIT.
Expert knowledge of REVIT in a related field (knowledge of setting up models from scratch, able to build and update parametric families) and expert knowledge of medical equipment and layouts with an understanding of complex design and construction terminology
Demonstrates excellent computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (especially Word, Teams, OneNote and Excel), as well as Bluebeam and AutoCAD . Knowledge of Revit add-ons. Ability to manage projects with multiple stakeholders. Ability to demonstrate independence, initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasking. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, consultative skills and conflict resolutions abilities. Track record of being dependable, self-motivated, and having a desire to learn. Excellent time management and organizational skills
Must have current driver’s license and be insurable to travel by car. Position requires travel to ADAMS client sites. Job will require flexible hours.
Assists in oversight of assigned client accounts, including budget, contracts, and the tracking of client progress. Assists in procuring, cultivating and maintaining new and existing client accounts and business opportunities in pursuit of the company’s overall growth and performance objectives.
Is expected to work autonomously within diverse setting and situations.
1. Responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage and generate medical equipment placement drawings using REVIT
- Build REVIT families for medical equipment and systems, while utilizing our proprietary planning software and referencing manufacturer specifications
- Ability to run medical equipment BIM kickoff and client meetings without the help of the BIM manager.
- Incorporate and coordinate updates from review of equipment lists, manufacturer documents and redlined drawings
- Convert, upload and download files for distribution to internal team, design and construction teams and vendors
- Able to meet tight deadlines and able to work alone or with a local or remote team
- Successfully, and professionally, interact with architects, engineers, equipment manufacturers, contractors as well as client users and administrators
2. Professional Conduct and Behavior.
Commitment to Our Clients (Clients interests first)
- Extends the mission and values of the company by striving to first and foremost address and promote the interests of our clients.
- Communicate to staff the importance of representing our clients’ interests only while keeping the welfare of our business community in mind in all decisions that could impact their well-being.
- Promotes proper business etiquette within the company and in the delivery of our services.
Commitment to Creating a Constructive Work Environment (humor and humility)
- Extends the mission and values of the company by striving to understand each customer, treating each client, staff member and those within our business community in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Promotes a team environment within the company and in the development and management of the teams serving the needs of our clients.
- Promotes a mentoring environment within the company. Ensures employee satisfaction and promotes an environment of open discussion and feedback for staff.
Commitment to Objectivity (Unassailable Objectivity)
- Extends the mission and values of the company by practicing and promoting objectivity in all that we do for our clients.
- Is open to new ideas and concepts and constructively participates in the development of new approaches regarding the delivery of our services.
- Exhibits a willingness to understand the viewpoint of others and take those viewpoints into consideration.
- Identifies, discourages, and avoids situations where decisions or processes create potential conflicts with our objectivity
Commitment to Upholding the highest moral and ethical standards (always do the right thing)
- Extends the mission and values of the company by personally setting the standard for ethical behavior in the office and in the delivery of our services.
- Exhibits respect and integrity in working with employees, clients and those within our business community. Takes a sincere interest in the well-being of all those with whom we work.
- Exhibits genuine commitment to successfully executing all commitments.
- Gains the trust of staff, our clients and those within our business community in duties and responsibilities.
Commitment to Quality (Relentless Pursuit of Quality)
- Extends the mission and values of the company by representing the company to the public, the healthcare industry, the relevant design and construction industries, the relevant regulatory agencies and the business communities in such a manner as to enhance the reputation and image of the company.
- Demonstrates commitment to total quality management through knowledge of its precepts, skillful workplace applications and continuous organization improvement.
- Continuously updates and refines the company’s consulting and program management procedures and methodologies in order to be consistent with or exceed the best available practices common to the industry.
- Exhibits a customer/supplier philosophy that emphasizes both internal and external relationships; identifies both customer and supplier needs/expectations and strives to exceed them.
- Actively participates in and encourages others to utilize creative and innovative approaches to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrates responsibility for ongoing personal development, professional growth and continuing education.
Planning and Time Utilization
- Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction.
- Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within established company time frames.
Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and consistently adheres to, company policies and procedures and ADAMS commitment to quality and service.
- Follows safety procedures, operates equipment and performs job related duties in a safe manner which prevents accidents from occurring.
- Observes the company dress and grooming code standards.
- This position carries a residency requirement within an area that allows for a reasonable commute to a major airport.
Attendance and Reliability
- Sick or absent time off does not exceed guidelines as outlined in the Personnel Policy manual.
- Provides proper notification of absence within established company timeframes.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification, and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties, which may be amended from time to time. Furthermore, it should be understood that the employee might not, necessarily, be afforded an opportunity to perform all of the job duties listed above.