PROPOSAL WRITER and COORDINATOR
The Proposal Writer and Coordinator is responsible for the writing and development of RFP/RFQ proposals, presentations and also working with Project Managers/Executives to ensure quality material is submitted and delivered. They will also develop marketing materials such as bios, engagement sheets and client lists.
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Proposal Writer and Coordinator reports directly to our Director.
The Proposal Writer and Coordinator works closely our graphics designer and support staff to collaborate on RFP content, graphics and coordination of all pursuits. The Proposal Coordinator will have frequent contact with potential clients.
The Proposal Writer and Coordinator will fully support ADAMS’ business development program through the developing of new marketing material as needed and engagement proposals and will research new project leads to validate potential opportunities. The Proposal Writer Coordinator might be required to conduct cold calls in order to investigate the legitimacy of project pursuits.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but equivalent career experience within the AEC industry in Proposal/RFP writing and creation will be considered in lieu of higher education.
Prior Proposal/RFP writing experience in the AEC industry is required. Experience with writing, creative design, administration, media relations, and marketing strategies. Prior successful management of departmental budgets is also required.
- Special Skills/Equipment:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a self-starter, who is proactive and creative with daily tasks. performance of staff. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Programs – PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Excel, as well as Adobe Creative Suites Programs – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is desired.
- Job Requirements:
Must have current driver’s license and be insurable to travel by car. Position may require some travel and may require flexible hours.
1. Proposal Creation and Coordination
- Analyze RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs to create proposal outlines and plans
- Lead proposal meetings (i.e., kickoff, brainstorming, status) and drive action items
- Draft non-technical proposal content, including win strategies, cover letters, qualifications, resumes, project descriptions, and more
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive document
- Work closely with subject matter experts to translate technical jargon and ensure value propositions are communicated throughout the document
- Develop infographics and key visuals
- Perform editing, quality control, desktop publishing, and all production activities
- Solicit management reviews and approvals during the proposal process
- Follow up on leads and outstanding proposals
- Maintain RFP/Proposal tracker database
- Maintain and regularly update master resumes and project descriptions
- Assist in identifying the right staff to respond to client requirements
- Creating and coordinating proposals and presentations and working with project managers to ensure quality material is submitted and delivered.
- Assisting with and contributing to ongoing marketing information, research, and editing of various marketing content.
- Develop and maintain ADAMS Firm Profile marketing packages and quick-fact brochure for distribution to potential Clients.
- Develop additional marketing material for new service offerings such as Transition Planning, Medical Equipment Planning, Programming, and other Advisory Services.
- Develop and maintain updated Employee Resumes/Bios, updated Project Information Sheets, and other marketing material as needed for Business Development pursuits.
- Develop a system for maintaining and updating information on a regular basis.
- Implement the use of technology, such as Box, for filing to minimize potential errors in duplication of files.
- Oversight of the department budget to ensure that costs are valid and within budget; following all company guidelines for approval and expenditure.
3. Professional conduct and behavior.
Commitment to Our Clients (Clients Interests First)
- Extends the mission and values of the Company by striving to first and foremost address and promote the interests of our clients.
- Communicates to the Consultants and Associates the importance of representing our clients’ interests only but keeping the welfare of our business community in mind in all decisions that could impact their well-being.
- Promotes proper business etiquette within the Company and in the delivery of our services.
Commitment to Creating a Constructive Work Environment (Humor and Humility)
- Extends the mission and values of the Company by striving to understand the each customer, treating each client, staff member and those within our business community in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Promotes a team environment within the Company and in the development and management of the teams serving the needs of our clients.
- Promotes a mentoring environment within the Company. Ensures employee satisfaction and promotes an environment of open discussion and feedback for the Consultants and Associates.
Commitment to Objectivity (Unassailable Objectivity)
- Extends the mission and values of the Company by practicing and promoting objectivity in all that we do for our clients.
- Is open to new ideas and concepts and constructively participates in the development of new approaches regarding the delivery of our services.
- Exhibits a willingness to understand the viewpoint of others and take those viewpoints into consideration.
- Identifies, discourages, and avoids situations where decisions or processes create potential conflicts with our objectivity
Commitment to Upholding the Highest Moral and Ethical Standards (Always do the Right Thing)
- Extends the mission and values of the Company by personally setting the standard for ethical behavior in the office and in the delivery of our services.
- Exhibits respect and integrity in working with employees, clients and those within our business community. Takes a sincere interest in the well-being of all those with whom we work.
- Exhibits genuine commitment to successfully executing all commitments.
- Gains the trust of the Consultants and Associates, our clients and those within our business community in duties and responsibilities
Commitment to Quality (Relentless Pursuit of Quality)
- Extends the mission and values of the Company by representing the Company to the public, the healthcare industry, the relevant design and construction industries, the relevant regulatory agencies and the business communities in such a manner as to enhance the reputation and image of the Company.
- Demonstrates commitment to total quality management through knowledge of its precepts, skillful workplace applications and continuous organization improvement.
- Continuously updates and refines the Company’s consulting and program management procedures and methodologies in order to be consistent with or exceed the best available practices common to the industry.
- Exhibits a customer/supplier philosophy that emphasizes both internal and external relationships; identifies both customer and supplier needs/expectations and strives to exceed them.
- Actively participates in and encourages others to utilize creative and innovative approaches to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrates responsibility for ongoing personal development, professional growth and continuing education.
Planning and Time Utilization
- Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction.
- Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within established Company time frames.
Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and consistently adheres to, Company policies and procedures and ADAMS’ commitment to quality and service.
- Follows safety procedures, operates equipment and performs job related duties in a safe manner which prevents accidents from occurring.
- Observes the Company dress and grooming code standards and consistently wears facility identification badge, as required.
- This position carries a residency requirement within an area that allows for a reasonable commute to a major airport.
Attendance and Reliability
- Sick or absent time off does not exceed guidelines as outlined in the Personnel Policy manual.
- Provides proper notification of absence within established Company time frames.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification, and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties, which may be amended from time to time. Furthermore, it should be understood that the employee might not, necessarily, be afforded an opportunity to perform all of the job duties listed above.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
We are committed to upholding the ADAMS Mission which is to advocate the interests of healthcare institutions in the planning and management of their capital programs.
Our vision of being nationally recognized as the firm of choice of clients, peers and employees starts with our values. ADAMS’ values of Client’s Interest First, Unassailable Objectivity, Relentless Pursuit of Quality are principles of the foundation on which The ADAMS Way is built.